By participating in any of the services provided by Echo – Pet Services, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Section 1 – Consultation and Client Form:
All clients are required to complete a consultation and ‘client form’ before services can commence. Consultations are used to get to know your pet(s), their needs and routine as well as arranging access and completing client forms. These may take place in person, via video call or over the telephone. Client forms will be completed with the information of the rightful owner of the pet(s). Withholding of information, providing incorrect details or completion of the form for persons other than the rightful owner may result in the termination of services. Echo – Pet Services should be notified of any changes to the information given on the form.
Section 1a – Client Form and Owner Responsibility:
By completing a client form, as the owner;
1. I declare I am lawfully the rightful owner.
2. I declare that my pet(s) is up to date with their vaccinations and prophylactic treatments (such as flea and worm treatments, including medical and holistic treatments).
3. I declare that I will inform and update Echo – Pet Services of all health issues of my pet(s) to the best of my ability, I remain responsible for such issues even when my pet(s) is under the care of Echo – Pet Services and I understand Echo – Pet Services reserve the right to refuse any service for health related reasons (including but not limited to bitches in season, infectious diseases and live vaccines including kennel cough).
4. I declare that I understand that Echo – Pet Services reserves the right to refuse or terminate services at any point if, by enacting them, they pose a risk to the service provider, general public, other animals under the care of Echo – Pet Services and/or animals owned by the general public.
5. I declare that my pet(s) is microchipped and will wear an ID tag in accordance with UK law.
6. I declare any history of human/dog bite and other behavioural issues will be disclosed to Echo – Pet Services during the consultation.
7. I declare that my dog(s) is not on the banned breed list in accordance with UK law.
8. I declare that my dog(s) is not under a Dog Control Order and that I will inform Echo – Pet Services if this should change.
9. I declare that everything discussed during the consultation I know to be true and a fair representation of my pet(s).
Section 2 – Liability:
1. Echo – Pet Services will not be responsible for loss of dog(s) if off-lead walks have been requested by the owner. Such a request implies an understanding of the risks involved in doing so.
2. Echo – Pet Services will not be responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of ill-fitting equipment such as harnesses and collars. Unsafe equipment may be requested to be changed in order to continue participation in services.
3. Echo – Pet Services will not be responsible for the potential consequences of a cat(s) having specified access to outside of your property.
4. Echo – Pet Services will not be responsible for any consequences that may occur due to a pet(s) being kept in unsuitable and/or unsecure accommodation.
5. Any medication administered must be prescribed by a veterinarian, in date and stored correctly. Echo – Pet Services will not be responsible for any consequences of medication administration if these factors are not adhered to.
Section 2a – Home Access:
By using Echo – Pet Services, you are agreeing to allowing access to your home and implementing measures for this to be possible, such as providing/arranging keys to be available for appointments.
Section 3 – Emergencies and Extenuating Circumstances
Section 3a – Emergencies and updates:
By using Echo – Pet Services, as the owner;
1. I understand Echo – Pet Services will inform me of any incident or other important information noticed about my pet(s).
2. I authorise Echo – Pet Services to obtain any necessary emergency veterinary care while my pet(s) is under their care, and to use an alternative veterinarian if my regular veterinarian is unavailable. I understand that every effort will be made to contact me prior to obtaining emergency care.
3. I will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the service provider and/or other persons/animals by my pet(s). I agree to indemnify and absolve Echo – Pet Services in the event of a claim by any person injured by my pet(s).
Section 3b – Extenuating Circumstances:
By using Echo – Pet Services, you are agreeing there may be extenuating circumstances and to being accepting of the impact they may have on the provision of your service. For example, access issues (such as flooding) and weather dependency of some services – dogs will not be walked in conditions that could be detrimental to their welfare, including extreme heat or cold.
Section 4 – Payment Policy
Payments for dog training courses and pet sitting services are to be made in full prior to the service taking place. Dog walking and pet drop-in services are due to be paid on receipt of invoice following services unless agreed otherwise (alternative agreements may be made for regular bookings).
Section 5 – Cancellation Policy
A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required to cancel any dog walking or pet drop-in service appointments, or owners will be liable for the full cost of the service agreed. No cost will be incurred if you reschedule an appointment. Cancellations of dog training courses should be made with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice prior to commencement of the scheduled service to be entitled to a full refund. Partial or full refunds for cancelled pet sitting services are discretionary. Cancellations should be made as soon as possible by contacting the service provider via telephone/email.
Section 6 – Insurance
Echo – Pet Services is fully insured for all services provided. Copies of our insurance policy can be provided upon request. DBS checks have been conducted for the service provider.
(Updated March 2021)
Following the recent government announcement, remote training and video consultations will remain our preferred option while the roadmap out of lockdown unfolds. However, we plan to return to training in private gardens from the 29th March and in private houses from the 12th April, whilst maintaining social distancing guidelines. These dates may be subject to change.
All other services are able to continue as usual, with additional measures in place.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.